Job Openings at WPPI Energy:
Reedsburg, Whitehall and Black River Falls, WI
Are you a customer-oriented, technical-minded individual that appreciates variety in your workday? Would you welcome the opportunity to make a difference in your local community through outreach and relationship building? If so, WPPI Energy is seeking an individual like you to manage the delivery of customer programs and marketing initiatives for the public power utilities in the communities of Reedsburg, Black River Falls, and Whitehall, Wisconsin.
As a member of our nationally-ranked team of account management, engineering, energy services, and marketing professionals, you will:
- Apply effective business acumen to manage important customer relationships with residential, commercial, industrial, school and municipal energy users.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to promote the locally-owned, not-for-profit public power brand throughout the community.
- Utilize analytical insights to educate electric customers on where they use (and waste) energy, and apply problem solving abilities to find ways they can control their electric costs.
Qualified candidates will preferably have:
- A four-year degree in an applicable field such as natural or environmental sciences, engineering, applied mathematics, or other related field.
- An interest in energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Account management or customer service experience.
- A record of active community involvement is a plus.
Depending on background and experience, the successful candidate will participate in a one to two month training program based out of our office in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin before transitioning to a utility office in Reedsburg, Black River Falls, or Whitehall.
Our employees enjoy an excellent work environment as well as an exceptional benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance as well as access to the State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan (WRS), which is a defined benefit plan (pension plan). In addition, we provide paid sick leave, paid vacation days, paid holidays, paid parental leave, educational reimbursement, professional development opportunities, wellness programs and so much more. We routinely evaluate our compensation program to ensure our employees are paid a very competitive wage. We are also proud to offer our employees flexibility, work-life balance and opportunity for professional growth.
WPPI Energy is a not-for-profit, regional power company serving 51 locally owned electric utilities. Through WPPI Energy, these public power utilities share resources and own generation facilities to provide reliable, affordable electricity to 200,000 homes and businesses in Wisconsin, Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and Iowa. WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at https://wppienergy.org/AboutUs/JobsatWPPIEnergy.aspx or send resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources- ESR
1425 Corporate Center Drive
Sun Prairie, WI 53590-9109