The primary responsibility includes the reading of electric, water, and sewer meters for purposes of utility billing. Secondary duties will include assisting the electric, water and communications departments with daily operational tasks as assigned.
Supervisor: Works under the direction of the Electric System Supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- These duties shall be performed while maintaining and enforcing a very high standard of safety and workmanship.
- Promotes positive customer service relations through daily interactions with customers encountered in the field or work place along with displaying a positive attitude and work ethic in cooperating with RUC and fellow employees.
- Performs related work as required.
- Overtime will be required as directed by supervisor
- Have a neat appearance and positive attitude while performing duties for RUC.
- Following pre-designated routes, walks to, reads, and records all meter readings in a sequential routine. Resets meters with demand registers. Reading / data retrieval methods may include the use of computer based hand-held readers, laptop computer, and/or meter notebook. Performs meter ‘read-outs’ and ‘pick-ups’ as required. These duties shall be performed while maintaining very high standards of safety and workmanship.
- Delivers ‘disconnection’ notices to delinquent account Customers as required.
- Assist Electric and Water Department crews with facility maintenance, installation, documentation, and data collection.
- Interacts with the Utility Billing Department as required to coordinate daily meter reading assignments.
- Assists with system documentation and property identification as assigned by the Electric System Supervisor
- Performs grounds keeping and lawn care of Utility property.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures. Participates in safety training classes.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or control, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, push, pull, and/or move up to 75 pounds in weight.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Physical ability to walk up to a full 10 hour day, 5 days a week.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a physical exam and drug test.
- Position requires the ability to plan and organize, as well as the ability to read and perform basic mathematical computations. The position also requires the ability to clearly and coherently communicate using a verbal and written form of the English language.
- Work includes both inside and outside environments, in varying temperatures and conditions.
- Exposure to fast moving vehicles.
- Must also be able to manage situations involving dogs, insects, irate customers, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Computers, handheld meter reading devices, automobiles and light trucks, forklifts, safety equipment, and devices.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must hold a valid Wisconsin drivers license.
- Hourly position with the wage based on qualifications, attitude, and work ethic.
- Clothing allowance received per Personnel Handbook.
- Benefits per current Personnel Handbook.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYEE AGREEMENT
BETWEEN RUC AND THE EMPLOYEE. Nothing in this job description restricts RUC’s
ability to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
This description reflects RUC’s assignment of essential duties and responsibilities.