The Weatherization Assistance Program enables low-income families to reduce their energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient. Funds are used to improve the energy performance of dwellings families in need.
Some common weatherization services include:
• Insulate attics, walls and floors
• Install energy efficient lighting
• Reduce air leakage
• Repair or replace furnace
• Perform a general health and safety inspection
You may be eligible for weatherization services if:
• You received benefits from WHEAP or your gross income for the last three months is equal to or less than 60 percent of Wisconsin's state median income for your family size.
• Your dwelling/apartment has not been weatherized before.
• Your household meets certain priorities that may include a high energy burden or use, an elderly or disabled member or a child under six.
How to Apply:
Applying for energy assistance at your local Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) agency is the first step in determining your eligibility for weatherization services.
For more information on WHEAP and how to apply, please visit online or call 1-866-HEATWIS (432-8947).